Each respective version has more applications preloaded onto it than the graphing calculator preceding it. However, you can still upload applications not preloaded onto your calculator by downloading them (usually for free) from the Texas Instruments website.
The following applications are preloaded only onto the TI-84 Plus Silver Edition.
- Area Formula - This app provides animated tutorials on how the areas of various figures are derived.
- Catalog Help - This provides extra help in understanding the calculators features
- Cell Sheet - The cell sheet is essentially a spreadsheet on the graphing calculator, where users can enter in data. Great for science labs!
- Fundamental Topics In Science - This application provides tutorials and activities in topics relating to science
- Language Localization - These apps allow users to change the primary language of English into 10 other European languages. Chinese is also available for download on the website.
- NoteFolio - This application allows users to take notes on the TI-84 calculator.
- Organizer App - This application functions as an electronic calendar, managing schedules and assignments.
- Periodic Table - Students can access the periodic table of elements on their calculator, showing the element name and atomic number.
- Polynomial Root Finder and Simultaneous Equation Solver – Finds the roots of polynomials and solve systems of equations
- Puzzle Pack - Games for the TI-84!
- Startup Customization App - This allows users personalize their startup screen with pictures and more.
These applications are preloaded on both the TI-84 Plus and TI-84 Plus Silver Edition
- Cabri Jr. - This application allows users to learn about geometry in a fun, interactive way
- Conic Graphing - This application allows the user to graph conic sections, such as circles, ellipses, parabolas, and hyperbolae.
- InequalZ - This application allows users to graph inequalities, shading above or below curves and making them dotted or solid.
- Learning Check - This application works in conjunction with TI-Navigator. It’s a way for teachers to check for understanding from an entire class using their graphing calculators.
- Topics in Algebra I - These applications provide tutorials and activities relating to integers, fractions, real numbers, equations, functions, inequalities, and systems of equations
- Transformation Graphing - Performs transformations on functions, allowing users to draw conclusions on how changing parameters affects the graph of a function.
The following applications are preloaded onto the TI-83 Plus, TI-84 Plus, and TI-84 Plus Silver Edition:
- Probability Simulation – This application allows users to virtually flip a coin or role dice a multitude of times, to learn about probability.
- Science Tools - This application performs unit conversions, even expressing answers with the correct number of significant figures.
- Study Cards App – This application is a virtual deck of flashcards, allowing students to review a variety of concepts
- Vernier EasyData – When hooked up with USB sensors, this application can collect data such as temperature for science labs.
Where can you get these calculators? I find that the best deals for Texas Instruments graphing calculators are available on Amazon.com. Click below to order these graphing calaculators now.